Saturday, June 21, 2008

So Sew



I just got off the phone with one of my bests, Anna, and here is a snippet of our conversation which has added something for me to do in my Single Gal Summer (which will now be referred to as, SGS).

While in search of a dress I wanted to wear tonight...

Anna: You should buy that dress you wanted to wear for your housewarming party.
Me (digging through my closet): Yeah, but it's so expensive. I have just come to the realization that I am bougie when it comes to clothes.... it's really bad.
Anna: Yeah... you should learn how to sew!


What an inspired idea! I should learn how to sew! I immediately Googled "chicago sewing lessons" and found The Needle Shop (2054 W. Charleston). The Needle Shop offers lessons in fashion sewing, knitting, crocheting, upholstery work and more. Their Basic Sewing 101 course is $70 and acts as a gateway for other available courses: Hand Embroidiery, A-Line Skirts, Upholstery, Basic Curtains, and more.

I'm definitely adding classes at The Needle Shop to my to do list this SGS.

No comments: